The project will be delivered in partnership with the Western Alliance for Greenhouse Action (WAGA), The Climate Change Exchange, and a number of councils in Greater Melbourne.
Climate Resilient Service Delivery is funded and supported by the Victorian Government’s ‘Supporting Our Regions to Adapt’ strategy for the Greater Melbourne region.
- Build capacity for participants to consider the implications of climate change for a broad range of drivers for their area of service delivery.
- Consider compound, coinciding, and ongoing risks (for example, how summer heat, bushfire smoke haze and a pandemic might interact, or how a power outage might function as a business continuity risk for community support services).
- Provide a platform to generate imaginative ideas and responses to the challenges facing service providers and local communities across Greater Melbourne.
- A set of scenarios for participating councils to use and integrate into their own internal planning processes.
- The key learnings from Climate Resilient Service Delivery will contribute to the Greater Melbourne Regional Adaptation Strategy.
- A brief with key recommendations for climate change adaptation consideration for key service areas.